Friday, October 29, 2010

Itsy Bitchy Spider & YMCA Halloween Party!


Today was J's school's *costume event*.... His school encourages his age group to wear a *homemade* nursery rhyme/storybook character costume. They do a parade around the school, Trick or Treat in the elementary school & wave to cars passing by from the front lawn... I am not a crafty person and talked to one of the teachers at the school [who is a friend of mine too from when I worked at this same daycare/school 9 yrs ago] and she suggested making an 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' costume... I looked up the directions and it seemed easy enough... So, we talked to J about it and decided to do it..... Yesterday when I picked him up J's teacher told me he told someone he was going to be the 'Itsy Bitchy Spider' by mistake-- Oops! We practiced and now he can say it right... But, it is a cute story to tell! He was a cute little Itsy Bitchy-- I mean Bitsy Spider if I do say so myself!

Ready for the YMCA Halloween party!


He loved Pumpkin Bowling!


He also loved the bouncy and sliding down the slide!

Craft time w/ Aunt Kerri!
Tonight we went to the YMCA Halloween party.... It was fun w/ several activities for the kids to do and lots of treats to take home! My sister was in town so she came with us and got to spend time with J. She moved away to go to Graduate school and although she is only 2 1/2 hrs away we haven't been able to go up and see her yet but, she has been back a couple times to visit...
When I bought J's costume 3 weeks ago, it fit perfect but, now, it was a little small on him... But, he still wanted to wear it... It got ripped during tonight's festivities and I am not sure if it's fixable so, I went out tonight to get him another one... Something different but, I will keep it a surprise until tomorrow or Halloween....
*****Ps. This is my 100th post! Wow! It's been a little over 2 yrs since I started this and finally got to 100! Thanks for following my story!******

1 comment: