Friday, October 22, 2010

Field trip to the pumpkin patch/farm!

J & a classmate trying to figure out the answer to the question to find out which way to go!

J feeding a goat!

Looking for the *perfect* pumpkin.....


J decorating his very own pumpkin!
Today I had my first experience of being a Mommy accompanying her child on a field trip. J's class went to a local farm today.... Other than being a bit windy/cool it was a BEAUTIFUL Fall day for the trip! Our group did the hay ride first around the farm and learned some interesting facts. Then we did the corn maze, hay maze, fed goats & saw a big bull. Then they took the children to the pumpkin patch and they all got to pick their own! They had to get one that the child could carry by themselves with no parents helping. J looked hard and finally found his perfect pumpkin. Then we went into the greenhouse where they let the children decorate their pumpkins with puffy sticker shapes. It was a fun and educational morning!
After J got back on the bus to go back to school I met my hubby for lunch then ran errands until it was time to pick J up from school for the day. It was a fun but, exhausting day! I loved it! I told J I would be meeting them there but, to have him run off the bus into my arms and say 'I knew you would come Mommy!' melted my heart! I can't wait until the next field trip!
Tomorrow is the *big* day... 1 yr! Can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment