Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday's with my hubby......

The one thing I have learned from FC is that you can go from being a childless couple to instant 'parents' of in our case a 4 year old in a matter of hours...... My husband and I are best friends.... We are a very close couple who enjoys being together and doing things with each other.... Even if it's 'nothing'.... It's hard for us to spend nights apart even when we have too.... We were so used to doing everything together, that it was hard for me to stay at home and my hubby still go do what 'we' used to do together.... Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining but, most of the other couples in our FC class already had children and so I think it would be an easier transition on their relationship than not having any children at all.... When you are a FC parent you can't just leave your child with anyone (not that i would leave my bio child with 'just anyone' but, I think you know what I mean). They have to be fingerprinted and background checked and I recently realized that they have to be over 18 yrs old too. We originally signed my sister and my in-laws as our backup providers. After J came to live with us and was having behavior issues it soon came to light that we could not/ would not leave him with my 70 something year old in-laws.... My sis was our only back up and she was finishing her last semester in college. So, we recently signed up a couple we met in FC class and another friend of my hubby's is in the process of being a back up for us.

My point is, that we have every Sunday with out J now when he visits his family.... We spend most of the day running errands and getting things done but, I realized today that it's nice to have 'us' time again.... We love J very much and part of us misses him when he isn't around but, with any parents you need 'Mommy/Daddy' time and I try to enjoy these Sunday's with my hubby. He is my rock and I love him very much..... Having a 4/5 year old with behavior issues takes a toll on us sometimes but, it's nice to be able to connect at least 1 day a week and just be 'us'.... We don't have to worry about if J will have a meltdown or 'entertaining' him for a few hours that day....

When J returns though we are there with open arms ready to hear about his day and feel renewed to get through another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment