Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Baby Monkey......

I wanna go out!

Yeah! I have lots of room to run out here!

Brothers.....
I know I haven't been a foster parent long but, we had to make the hardest decision so far this past weekend.... T wouldn't sleep and after 2 rough nights we were very sleep deprived... I couldn't risk not getting sleep a third night and not being able to function at work..... On Saturday night it was so bad that I had to sit in the recliner all night holding him because everytime I would put him in the crib he woke up screaming.... We couldn't let him 'cry it out' because our rooms are very close together and we were afraid J would wake up and his issues are worse when he doesn't get his sleep..... He was very fussy and clingy in the day time too which caused some jealousy with J and made it hard to do much..... So, we called the on call number on Sunday and told them we couldn't keep him.... J is a challenge and having 2 little boys running us all day and not sleeping at night we didn't know what to do....
I was very sad (and still am) about making that decision but, the family that came to get him yesterday was familiar with him so, although it was a hard decision I felt maybe he would feel more comfortable with a family that knew him..... I miss him so much though.... I know it sounds silly but, even though he was only here a little while, I fell in love with him quickly... When he wasn't fussy or not sleeping he really was a cute and funny lil guy.... I hope we made the right choice.....


I posted some pics of him we took anyway.... He will always be our 'Baby Monkey'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment