Friday, April 23, 2010

6 months ago.....

One of the first pictures I took of J the day after he came to us.....

Playing his favorite 'new' toy!

Our Baby Monkey...


6 months ago tonight..... J came into our life! I don't think I will ever see the date Oct 23rd again without thinking of J.... We have been through some rough times but, we have been through some fun and loving times too! I am grateful for J coming into my life..... Sometimes it feels like J has been here 'forever' and sometimes it seems like he just walked through our door.... The past couple of weeks have been good @ home and J is settling in again.... He still calls me Big Monkey sometimes and he is my Little Monkey..... One night this week he was calling us Mommy Monkey & Daddy Monkey.... I love him soooo much!

Wednesday I received a call saying that they may have to bring J's lil brother T into care and would my hubby and I be willing to take him if that was the case.... We chatted on the phone about it and decided we would. The other room in our house is a nursery and that is why we couldn't take both J and his older sister back in October but, to keep at least 2 of the siblings together, we would take T if needed.... They were having an emergency FIM today and I couldn't attend..... I spent all afternoon waiting for a call.... At 3:49 the call came-- they would not be removing T right now.... But, if anything changed they would let me know..... I asked about visits this weekend and the case worker said she would check and call me back.... At 4:11pm the plan had changed.... We were doing respite for T 'for the weekend'.... We all know that J was in our care 'for the weekend' so, I guess we will have to see what Monday brings..... He is a cutie.... He loves to snuggle and loves his big brother! It was different trying to get 2 children bathed and to bed..... But, they are both snug in their beds and I am getting ready to go to bed too but, wanted to give an update and 'celebrate' the 6 month anniversary of J's arrival. J told me tonight that T can be our Baby Monkey!

Lastly, the best money we ever spent on J so far was at a yard sale last weekend..... It was actually for someone who has an office in a different department from me at work..... She was selling a (pink) Gameboy Advance for $10. J had to have it.... He loves that thing! If I let him he would play non stop all day! He doesn't even care that it's pink!



I will try to give more updates on our weekend adventure with T!

1 comment:

  1. aw a baby monkey! Hope things go well with that transition!

    ReplyDelete