Wednesday, May 5, 2010

They call me Spider.....

J investigating a family of Geese before our FC brunch

Trying to see how close he can really get!

They got tired of us following them all around so they jumped in the water and swam away!
Last Saturday was our Foster Parent Brunch our county hosted for us.... It was nice.... We did a simulation project that showed us some of the obstacles bio parents face and made us more aware of what they go through.... It was a very good excercise! J did well too... He got to see his older sister because her foster family was there too so that was a nice surprise for both of them.... It had been about 2 weeks since they had seen each other.... They gave each family a nice Foster Care month pin... I tried to take a pic so I could upload it but, it kept coming out fuzzy so, I decided not to post it... It is a pretty pretty medium/teal blue ribbon with a pin that says:
'Foster Care change a lifetime National Foster Care Month'
We also met some new foster families we had never met before and saw a couple friends that were in our class.... It was very nice overall!


Now onto the title of this entry.... Last night while I was cleaning up dinner my hubby went outside with J so he could play in his sandbox. I looked out the window and saw J standing outside the box talking away and my hubby was over by the garage.... I didn't open the window to see what they were discussing.... While I was reading J his books before bed, he told me his name was now 'Spider'.... I asked him if I had a new name too and he said 'Yes, you're name is 'Tato Head'... I asked if my hubby had a new name and he said 'Yes, he is 'Napkin'..... So, when my hubby came in to tell J good night we told him our new names.... Later after J was asleep my hubby and i were discussing our new names and he said 'I don't know why he is calling himself Spider, he was scared of them and barely played in his sandbox.....' We both had a laugh because J tries to act tough but, we found out what makes him not so tough!

We are still Spider, Tato Head & Napkin-- my name makes me think of a Ron White comedy skit.......

No comments:

Post a Comment