Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Permanency Review Hearing......

Today my hubby and I attended our first 'Permanency Review Hearing' as foster parents.... It was interesting.... Due to confidentiality of course I can't disclose details but, what I can say is the Judge was a no nonsense type of guy.... He acknowledged us twice (we were the only ones for the 3 foster families in attendance) and thanked us for taking a 'troubled' child into our home.... It was nice to be 'recognized'..... It was also interesting watching and hearing everyone.... There were 3 lawyers-- One for the agency, One for the kids & One for bio parents. They all took turns 'grilling' the case worker who did quite well I thought. I learned our 'new' case worker has only been with the agency since Dec 09 and she told me this afternoon during our home visit that it was her first time really testifying....

So, the long and short of it is, we go back in 5 months and see what happens then.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I never thought that it was going in this direction! I know there will be some ups and downs with the courts in the upcoming months so I'm praying that it will go smoothly and there will be more ladders with 'spider' in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete