Thursday, May 6, 2010

5 years ago today.....

This is what my sister and J gave me as an early Mother's Day gift today... Perfect!

5 years ago this week I made a choice.... I quit smoking. I wanted to quit smoking before we started TTC so that I would not be one of those ladies you see visably pregnant and smoking... I didn't want my child to learn that smoking is bad for you in school and question me why I still do it..... 5 years ago I made a choice that I needed to for me but, my motivation was for my future... The future I have not reached yet..... I do feel a lot better than when I was a smoker... I am not going to lie-- sometimes I think about starting again when things get stressful and I need a release.... But, then I think about how hard it was to stop (and I had help w/ medicine but, I still did it!) and how many times I *tried* to quit before then and failed.... Sometimes though, I *forget* I was a smoker.... Tonight I saw a commercial about quitting smoking and I *remembered* that I used to be there.... 5 years ago that was me struggling with my addiction... But, now 5 years later I am still smoke free!

Above is a picture of a Angel's Embrace Willow Tree figurine one like my sister gave me from her & J today as an early Mother's Day gift.... It was so sweet and perfect for my life right now..... Thank you K & J! I love you both so much!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful gift! My DH is trying to quit soon. Just got the medication to do it. Now he needs the motivation. Glad you haven't given into the easy way and started smoking again. and Happy Mother's Day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being 5 years smoke free!!! What an awesome accomplishment!

    And a beautiful gift from people you love! Hope you had a wonderful mothers day!

    ReplyDelete