Monday, July 19, 2010

J's new wheels.....

J trying out his new *ride*

Taking a break to make some adjustments....

And he's off!


We got J a bike today... We have been thinking about it for a while and decided to finally get it.... We took him tonight after work/daycare.... He loves it! He rode around the block while I walked with him..... I can tell I will be getting a lot of exercise! [trust me I need it too!] Nothing like a 5 yr old to motivate you!


J had his 5 yr well check last week... He is a *well 5 yr toddler* [that is what his form said that I have to get filled out for DSS when we visit the Dr]... I lucked out and J was all up to date on his shots so, we didn't have to go through that trauma!


J has been doing well the past couple of weeks.... He is back to being his funny, cute & loving self... He has been calling us Mommy & Daddy more... But, he still goes back and forth.... He is definitely settling in again.... Friday will be 9 mos J has been with us.... I can't believe it! Tomorrow is a year since I started my job.... I tell ya having a child in the house makes time fly by so fast and I thought time flew before!
We will soon be getting ready for our re-certification for Foster Care. I realized we were short 2 CEU's and called the resource worker to see what trainings are being offered to get them in before September.... As luck would have it, there are none coming up.... But, she did ask me to come to the last PRIDE class next month and be part of the panel of current/former foster/adoptive parents to speak to/ answer questions to the newbies..... I get credit for that and will get all the CEUs needed.... Plus, I think it will be a fun experience! Wow! I can't believe we have been licensed for 10 mos and will soon be celebrating a year being Foster Parents!


Although J loves his new bike, we did have 2 *accidents* while on our trip around the block... J wanted to throw the helmet away but, I told him we can try again tomorrow! So, we will see how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment