Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another year older......

Today is my 34th birthday.... Every year I tell myself: 'By my next birthday maybe I will be a Mommy' I am a little closer this year-- a Foster Mom. J still goes back and forth with calling me Mommy but, in his heart I am not his Mommy.... I just play one on TV (ha ha-- couldn't resist!)

So, I am another year older.... Not too much going on here... I do have a cute story to tell. My Mom and her boyfriend are in town this week. They were over our house for dinner on Monday night. We celebrated my birthday then because we were not sure who would be available on my actual birthday. My Dad is deceased and J knows this but, sometimes asks questions when my family is around. Here is the conversation that night:

J: Is Mr. M your Daddy?

Mr. M: No, I am not

Me: Mr. M is kinda like Mr. T & I are to you-- a substitute Dad

J: No, Mr. T is my FOSTER DAD and you are my FOSTER MOM!

It's just cute how he uses those words sometimes because I don't know he understands them but, hears us saying them and needs to know the difference in his little mind. It was cute anyway but, might be one of those 'had to be there' type of things.....

Off to have pizza night for my birthday with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment