Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day at the river......

J letting the fish *kiss* his fingers....

First time on the pier and ready to fish!

Fishin'

*We* caught one!

worked up an appetite now lets eat some crabs!
Several years ago my husband's family started a tradition of spending Father's Day at his Godparents house on the river. His brother's family from PA comes down and it's a nice day with family. This year we had a *new addition* to our group. I have to admit, I was very nervous about how J would react to several people around that he didn't know well or at all... He usually doesn't do well under those types of situations.... But, J did really well! I am so proud of him!!! It was another nice (but very HOT) day with family and I am so glad J got to enjoy it with us..... Sometimes fishing off that pier can be hit or miss... Last year was good and I caught the first and the most fish!! This year J got *bored* fast with not catching any fish and asked me to *help* him which meant-- I catch the fish and *we* take the credit for it! So, sure enough we did catch a fish (the first and only of the day) and J was so proud! He loved the crabs and sat patiently so we could pick some for him.... Overall it was a great day....
We lost a member of our group this year. My hubby's Godmother passed away in March and I couldn't help but think of her today and how everyone there was missing her even though most didn't say much-- I know we were all thinking about her.... We miss you Janie!
As with Mother's Day we didn't really push it too much so J didn't start missing his family but, he did wish my hubby a "Happy Daddy's Day!" out of the blue and on his own! He loves my hubby so much and is always saying how they are *best buddies*.... I came home from a baby shower a couple weeks ago and J was sitting on his lap in the recliner and it was such a sweet moment to come home too....
J doing good... He had a rough week after seeing his family last time a couple weeks ago but, is back on track now. I reported it to DSS and don't know what will happen in the future... J has been more *loving* to us and is really starting to trust us now... He still talks about his family all the time but, he is starting to love us too! I can't believe in 2 days he has been here for 8 months! Wow! Time flies so fast now even more than before!






























No comments:

Post a Comment