Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PRIDE 'graduation'

Last Wednesday night (3/4/09) we had our last Foster Care/Adoption class.... We 'graduated'! We received our certificates, had an open discussion with some current foster care/ adoptive parents and had a nice dinner w/ our trainers and fellow classmates.... It felt so good to get that step in the process done....

The next step is to wait for the DSS Home study case worker contact us to start our home study.... Once it's started they have 120 days to get it completed.... It consists of at least 2 visits from our case worker, a Fire Marshall inspection and Health Dept inspection....

My husband had outpatient hernia surgery today (3/10/09-- actually it's already 3/11/09 so I guess it should read 'yesterday') and will not be able to do any heavy lifting for a few weeks, so this past Sunday we got some stuff done around here..... One thing we did together is finally got the old computer room cleaned out and moved in some of the furniture we bought a few weeks ago... We moved in the dresser, changing table and rocking chair... We need to put the crib/child's daybed together and ran out of time then all of the furniture will be in there.... I was excited to have a room look like a child's room....

I have a few other 'spring cleaning' type projects to prepare for our home study I hope to get done these next few days while I am off with my hubby helping him recoup from his surgery.... I feel like everything we do to prepare gets us one step closer to our future child sharing our lives, home and hearts.... I can't wait to get the call and set a date for our home study to begin.... Then the next step will start...

It's been a long day and I am tired.... I am going to bed now.... I will try to be back soon!

1 comment: