Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One step forward......

The call came! I just heard from the case worker that will be doing our home study! She was one of our trainers in PRIDE class and I really was hoping she would be the one to do our home study!

She called to say that the first step is to send us a questionaire for both my hubby & I to fill out individually and then send back in. She will review them and make notes of any questions she has and then call us to set up the appt for our first visit with her! So, today I feel like we took one step forward.... I have a face and a name to put behind 'home study case worker' now!

I am sooo excited! I teared up a bit when telling my hubby and a couple close friends at work....

I know it's a small step but, right now I will take it!

4 comments:

  1. WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN? WE TOO ARE IN THE SAME PROCESS BUT OUR PRIDE CLASS JUST FINISHED ON 3/28, SO I'M TRYING TO GAGE APPROX TIME TO EXPECT A CALL FOR CASE WORKER TO VISIT US. SO ANXIOUS & EXCITED

    ReplyDelete
  2. a small step is still a step especially with foster/adopt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: I am in Maryland. Our trainers told us that their supervisor was the one to determine when to start them and that it depended on if they were done with the ones from the last PRIDE class or not. Where are you from? Good luck! Hope your call comes soon too!

    Tricia: Thanks for the encouragement:-)

    ReplyDelete