Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rest In Peace MK......

Yesterday a good friend of mine died.... It was very sudden and she was only 40 years old.... I have lost a lot of people in my life (mostly family) but, other than relatives, I have never lost someone I was close too and saw/talked too all the time.... I just saw her on Monday night.... We were just texting back & forth to her the night before.... I am so sad that I will never get to see her again.... We would sit and talk and joke and laugh....

She was 8 yrs older than I but, had been married for 20 yrs with a great husband and 2 teenage boys.... I often sought advice from her because she seemed to know a lot and she was willing to share her thoughts/advice.... She was such a nice person and would help anyone who needed it... She was a wonderful Mom and Wife... I hope that if I am fortunate to one day become a Mommy that I can be half as good as she was.... I know her husband and sons will miss her so much and be lost without her....

My husband has known her and her husband a lot longer than I and so we went to the house yesterday to check in on the family, offer our condolences and see if there was anything we could do.... It was just a sad house..... We talked about her and told a few stories but, the whole time I was there I was thinking... I will never be in this house w/ her again.... I am trying to focus today but, it's so hard.... I just keep thinking of my dear friend and how much I miss her already....

After we visited the family, my hubby and I went to our 4th class for the Foster Care/Adoption program... The topic-- Loss and how to help children through it..... I kept thinking how ironic it was that I was trying to keep myself together and all I could think about was my loss that I was coping with that day.... I didn't mention it because I was afraid I would loose it in front of everyone....

Rest In Peace MK-- I miss you so much already! I will never forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment