Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 classes down..... 7 more to go!

We started our foster care/ adoption classes last week (1/7/09)... The first one was an introductory class..... Last night was class #2.... We talked about and received our paper work to start working on..... Looking at that packet, I got goose bumps.... This is really happening! We are getting closer and closer to realizing our dream of becoming parents! It's a lot of work and getting things together but, as I told my husband last night after class when he said 'It's a lot to do'.... 'It will be worth it!' and he agreed.

So, I think I will take it step by step and try not to get too over whelmed with the process.... Some of it like the application and financial stuff is lengthy but, others are simple and just need a signature or are copies of items (such as driver's licenses, marriage certificate and insurance verification)

Up to now I have felt like we were taking 'baby steps' in this process..... Last night I feel like we took a big step by receiving this packet to start filling out..... We are on our way now!

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! So what are the 7 next classes scheduled? Do they cover just financials and paperwork, or do you learn how to deal with teenagers, etc?

    ReplyDelete