Friday, September 26, 2008

Monitoring Update

The period in the IVF process we are in right now is called the 'monitoring' stage... They are monitoring the follicle growth so they know exactly when to give the next set of meds and go to the next phase of this process....

We went yesterday morning to our appt and we now have about 6 'measurable' follicles... My Dr's office measures them when they start to get about 10mm big.... Then in the afternoon my nurse Beth called to say that one of the blood tests they draw is the E2 level (think it measures estrogen or something) wasn't rising as they want so, they increased one of my meds for last night and tonight and return to the office on Saturday morning.... Please let the increase produce the results they want... I really need this to work this time! My original date on my protocol sheet for my Egg Retreival (ER) was 9/29/08 but, I know we won't be doing it that soon so now I am thinking it will be more like 10/2/08 or 10/3/08... That's ok w/ me as long as my cycle doesn't get cancelled for my E2 level not rising....

I am getting really nervous and scared that this cycle will end like the other 2... I really hope it doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment