Friday, September 19, 2008

Introduction

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be a Mother.... I loved playing house as a child.... I met my husband, Tom on 11.11.1999. We had a connection from the begining.... It wasn't long before I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.... 5 years and 2 days later on 11.13.2004 we were married. We discussed waiting 1-2 years before having children. In July 2005 we decided to stop using birth control and start trying to have a baby.... The first few months I tried to tell myself it will happen... But, soon I began to wonder..... In the Winter/Spring of 2006 I was having some problems with my cycles and went to my OB/GYN to find out what was wrong. They did some tests and diagnosed me with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome).... My body did not ovulate on it's own. They put me on medicine to help regulate my cycles.... We were told that due to my age we couldn't really do much more testing until we had been trying for over a year. I had a follow up in October 2006 and since it had been over a year and my cycles had started to regulate a bit better we could start getting tested. First they tested my husband. His tests came back abnormal. Since it seemed there were issues on both sides for us they decided to refer us to the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) for further testing... Once meeting with the RE, they did another test on my husband and ordered a test to make sure my tubes were clear. My test came back normal... My tubes were not blocked... His came back about the same..... They also found out I had Diabetes Type II and I was told I had to get that under control before going forward.... We were also told by the RE that our only option of getting pregnant was doing IVF/ICSI (Invitro Fertilization with Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). I worked with my PCP for several months to get my Diabetes under control and in July 2007 I returned to the RE ready to start this journey....

Cycle #1 was in August/September 2007. We transfered 1 six day blast embryo. On October 10, 2007 we found out we did not get pregnant. We were devistated but, decided to wait a few months and try again.

Cycle #2 was in January/February 2008. We transfered 2 three day embryos. The Doctor said they were 'perfect'. We found out on March 4, 2008 it did not work again. Again we were left feeling sad and confused.

I started my Lupron injections for Cycle #3- our last cycle that insurance will cover on September 11, 2008. Tomorrow I will go for my first monitoring appointment for this cycle. I have decided to document this cycle in a blog to help people understand how hard this process is or to help someone who is thinking of going through it see what goes on.... I am hoping we will have a happy ending this time but only time will tell.....

Thanks for letting me tell you my story and letting me share my journey with you......

No comments:

Post a Comment