Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving......

J mixing the brownies after assisting me with counting and measuring the ingredients out...

J checking to see if the brownies are ready yet.....

J's adorable Turkey hat he made at school.....

Wearing his Turkey hat and playing @ my in-laws waiting for dinner....
Wow! Thanksgiving again? Sometimes I feel like we celebrate a holiday/birthday and before I can turn around again it's back again! Last year I hosted Thanksgiving.... This year my MIL offered to host.... My sis & Mom and their boyfriends came in town too.... I am thankful for my MIL hosting this year because I have to work tomorrow..... We did some cooking too and I am exhausted after doing those things this morning! We had a nice day....
I decided to make brownies for the non-pie dessert since I am not a pie person.... I decided to use it as a teachable moment for J and asked him if he wanted to help.... We did it *step by step*, he counted eggs, watched me measure the liquids, poured the ingredients in the bowl and helped stir it up... It was fun! He was proud of himself and beamed when I told our family that *he* made the brownies.....
Tonight when we got home my Mom's boyfriend called me to say how impressed he was with J's behavior this year and that my hubby & I have done a remarkable job with him this past year.... It was so nice to hear that because as I have said before being a foster parent [probably a parent in general too] is a thankless job and to have someone take time to point out that WE have made a difference in J's life was so nice..... It's been a tough year but, things are going very well right now and we are really starting to live as a family.....
So, now to what I am thankful for:
I am thankful for my husband-- we have had so many ups & downs in the 11/6 yrs we have been together/married and we are still together and strong.
I am thankful for J-- Seeing the progress he is making and hearing his sweet voice saying things like: 'Mommy, you're the best. You know why? Because you always take care of me!' or 'Mommy! I LOVE YOU!' He melts my heart.
I am thankful for my family-- we might not see each other too often but, they are always in my thoughts.....
I am thankful for my job-- I know there are so many out there without one that even on the *tough* days [which aren't very much but, you have them w/ all jobs!] I am thankful that I have one.
I am thankful for my friends-- I have real life friends, cyber friends, and foster care friends.... each one of them have a different role in my life and some days I don't know if I could make it through without them..... Some of my cyber friends whom I have never met in person are closer to me than my real life friends!
I am thankful for our men & women in the armed forces-- they risk their lives so that we may live the way we want too and many of them aren't with their families today and that is a sacrifice too....
Finally, I am thankful to you-- my blog readers.... I still don't know if I am very good at this but, reading your comments make me feel like what I write makes a difference!
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment