Friday, September 10, 2010

Reconsideration.....

A year ago this month my husband & I became *official* foster parents-- Yes, I said a year ago! Wow! What a year it has been! About a month ago we received our *reconsideration* packet in the mail.... It resembled the stack of paperwork we filled out last year to become licensed and now almost all of it had to be filled out yet again! Today we met with our case worker and did our reconsideration interview and inspection-- AKA: Home Health Report [just incase our house got sick in the past year I guess!]. Overall it went well.... We had to answer questions such as how has the past year been, how is our relationship with each other, how has our lives changed since becoming foster parents, what challenges/positives have we faced in the past year, etc. They were not too hard to answer but, some made me stop and think. It went well. Our year anniversary of being foster parents is next Friday Sept 17th [my lil sis's b-day & we received the license in the mail on my hubby's b-day last year]. We still have the fire marshall inspection to get done but, she said he is very busy and she will re-issue our license w/ a condition that the inspection gets done as soon as possible. I can't believe it's been a year already! And next month, we will celebrate 1 yr having J in our lives.....

Wow! A year already! What a year it's been!

2 comments:

  1. it is amazing how fast it goes when you have a little one--i like blinked and a year was gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was just telling my DH that you were coming up on a year :) Congrats and may the good times go by slowly!

    ReplyDelete