Saturday, September 11, 2010

Family Reunion......


Today was our annual family reunion for my husband's mother's side of the family... We try to go every year.... It's at a state park not too far from us and we always get tables near the huge pond there. It's pretty nice.... Last year it was humid and threatening to rain so, we rushed everything to beat the weather.... Today it was BEAUTIFUL! not hot, not humid and definitely no rain in the forecast [until later tonight into tomorrow]..... Everyone except our immediate family [me, hubby, MIL, FIL & my sis] hadn't met J yet so, I knew they would all be anxious to meet him. I gave him a few minutes to play on the playground then we walked over and introduced him.... As usual he was shy at first but, warmed up to some of my hubby's aunts pretty quickly [especially the one who showed him the games we would be playing so he could win a prize!].... J & I bounced between the reunion area, pond and playground.... It was a nice afternoon! J, my hubby & I all won games so we each walked away w/ a prize!
We finally took some pics of the 3 of us [I don't think we have ever taken one like that since J has been with us-- I have plenty of J himself and a couple of J & I but, none of all 3 of us].... They turned out well [we used the pond as our backdrop] and I really wish I could show them to you.... I am thinking about getting the best one blown up and framed for our house and maybe get one framed for my sister because she has moved back to where we used to live to finish college.... We did take one of all 3 of us facing the pond but, after seeing myself in it, I decided not to publish it!


Oh yeah, and I was voted *vice president* of the reunion for 2011! I was shocked that they would elect someone related by marriage but, also very touched that they thought of me for that.... I will have to be *president* in 2012 that's how their group works! So, in 2011 I will be President of my local AAPC [American Academy of Professional Coders] chapter & VP of the _______ family reunion! What other title will I achieve next year??? I guess only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment