Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A friend of a friend.......

The other week my hubby and I went to our friend's house for dinner and told them of our plans to not proceed with any more fertility treatments and look into foster care- adoption. It so happens that a friend of theirs has been going through the same program in our county.

My friend contacted her friend and forwarded her e-mail address to me. I contacted her and she has given me some very good information as to how to get started with this process... She seems very glad to help and answer any questions we may have. It's so nice to 'talk' to someone who has been through it (and in my area too!).....

The first piece of advice she gave me was to sign up for PRIDE classes (not sure yet what they stand for) and to get a good caseworker. She recommended her's and per my request forwarded our information to him. I had not heard from him and it's been almost a week, so today I called him. He referred me to the recruiter who I had to leave a message for.... Her message said a packet will be sent out....

So, now I guess I just wait for that and see what it has for us! I am used to waiting although I am not a real patient person.... But, I will wait for this packet...... Glad I called now instead of waiting until January.....

I guess that is what you call taking 'baby steps'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment