Monday, April 11, 2011

bad, bad day.... [AKA: RIP Nemo!]

RIP NEMO...

J the proud *daddy* looking @ his pride & joy the day we got him...


Today was a bad day. A very, very bad day..... The day started off rough as I couldn't find my keys when I was getting ready to walk out the door for work. My hubby & I looked & looked until we both HAD to leave for work.... All I could think about was where they could be. I used the valet key for my car then realized when I went to search my car AGAIN at work that the only way to get in my car is to have the key remote! So, called my hubby and my wonderful FIL brought me his key. My hubby got home first as I did some errands since I didn't have a key to get in the house until he got home... I am in the check out of the store and my phone rings... One of our 3 *precious* cats ATE J's fish! We usually keep his room door closed when we are gone but, I guess in our rush to look for keys and get out the door we forgot and one of the cats [we think it was our big boy Chase] decided to have a snack! We had to tell J when we got home and I promised to go get him a new one tomorrow right after work. I felt so bad. J did pretty good at taking the news [especially since we promised him a *new* Nemo].... He kept telling me all night-- *Mommy, I am not mad at you* *Mommy I am not going to punish you.* *Mommy, I still love you!* He was such a big boy! Nemo was a reward from J's caseworker for something she gave him to work on.... I feel so bad that his first real pet has perished so soon....


RIP Nemo! We love you! We will miss you!


Oh and by the way.... My keys-- the things that started this bad, bad day off.... They are at the grocery store... My hubby is on his way to go get them now..... After tearing the house, car and yes- trash apart... I finally called the store & they were there....


Ps. I am sorry I haven't blogged in a while but, life has been SUPER busy.... We had an important court date last week but, it was postponed until next month....

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear from you..sorry about the fish, thank god J took it well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrible as I am, I laughed when you wrote about your *precious* cats. We were worried about that with our cats, until "Jaws" the large mouth bass grew too big to worry about any more. In fact, he/she was the only fish becuase Jaws ate anything else in the tank - snails, crawfish, other fish, the algae-eaters. Glad J is looking forward to a new fish.

    ReplyDelete