Thursday, April 23, 2009

1st Home Study Visit....

Today we had our 1st home study visit for the foster care/ adoption process... I got nervous because our case worker was late for our appt. After waiting a half hour and worrying that I had the wrong date and/or time for our visit I called the office and she said there was an emergency and she would be there in just a few minutes....

Once she arrived things went well. She started by doing a brief 'Home Health Report' on our house and property. She did not find anything she felt the health inspector or fire marshall would find wrong....

She asked us some background questions and then set up our appointments to interview my husband & I separately.... His appointment is next Thurs 4/29/09 and mine is scheduled for 5/11/09. She is also going to submit for our health inspection and fire marshall inspections to be completed. She said they would contact us for those dates and times...

So, visit #1 went well and I am ready for the next step!

1 comment: